The Student mentoring system is introduced in the College in the name of Syndicate System. Major of the Teachers are involved in the process of mentoring. Every syndicate is allotted with about 15-35 students to take care of them depending upon the programme and division. Every syndicate prepares a list of all the students allotted to him / her with details of Name, Class, Division, Roll Number, Contact Number and E Mail Id. The syndicate has a chalked-out responsibilities to take care of all the mentees such as to provide them career counseling, to provide them personal counseling, to support them for any kind of difficulty in their curriculum, to make provision of remedial coaching for them and to always support them as and when required.
The syndicate also works for finding out hidden talent of the students in various aspects of academic, co – curricular, extra – curricular and extra mural activities so that they can be promoted to do various activities in the concerned area for their holistic development. The syndicate also contacts and meets the parents of his / her mentees to discuss their progress and / or any other matter, as and when required.
OBJECTIVE OF SYNDICATE IN-CHARGE:-
- Spend time learning more about each other in building a personal relationship before formally tackling mentoring program objectives. One can start with Talking about topics not pertaining to studies: news and events, students’ family history, past results, hobbies, etc.
- Form whats app group of Parents and interact personally and inform all update in Institute through this group.
- Discuss student’s growth areas, their strength/weakness, Clubs, SIG and motivate them to participate in various events, help them to set academic targets, percentage target.
- Prepare report card of students after every Mid-semester examination and see that parents are well informed.
- Get student’s mobile no. address, parents phone no. email etc in given format.
- Syndicate In-charge should be ready with student’s Attendance data. Ask reason behind student’s absence during a period. Call to their parents if attendance is below par.
- Review and discuss a research paper or study based paper or article compulsory.
- Discuss opportunities in your discipline, how to prepare for exam, inform RGPV exam rules, general rules about mobile, etc. Discuss student’s study method, Improvement, how much time they spend daily in studies? Give information about various competitive exams GATE etc, their preparation.
- Inform them about potentially useful articles. Technical journals, magazines and ask them how much they read it?
- Keep records of Syndicate meeting and at-least one meeting in 30 days.
- Help identify career paths for students and support students’ personal growth.
Click Here for Syndicate Form (Refer Annexure 1)
Click here for 2022-23 Syndicate List