|Degree Awarded||Discipline||Duration||Entry Level||Seats in IIST|
|B.Tech||AI & ML||4 years||10+2||60|
Indore Institute of Science and Technology (IIST) offers a four-year under-graduate B. Tech course in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning which aims to develop a strong foundation by using the principles and technologies that consist of many facets of Artificial Intelligence including logic, knowledge representation, probabilistic models, and machine learning. This course is best suited for students seeking to build world-class expertise in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning and emerging technologies which help to stand in the crowd and grow careers in the upcoming technological era.
B. Tech. in Artificial Intelligence is an undergraduate program with advanced learning solutions imparting knowledge of advanced innovations like machine learning, often called deep learning and artificial intelligence.
The course is designed to give the students enough exposure to the variety of applications that can be built using techniques covered under this program. They shall be able to apply AI/ML methods, techniques and tools to the applications. The students shall explore the practical components of developing AI apps and platforms. Proficiency in mathematics will thrive, as this degree requires strong problem-solving and analytical skills. They shall be able to acquire the ability to design intelligent solutions for various business problems in a variety of domains and business applications. The students shall be exploring fields such as neural networks, natural language processing, robotics, deep learning, computer vision, reasoning and problem-solving. The key objective is to identify logic and reasoning methods from a computational perspective, learn about agent, search, probabilistic models, perception and cognition, and machine learning.
This specialization is designed to enable students to build intelligent machines, software, or applications with a cutting-edge combination of machine learning, analytics and visualization technologies. The main goal of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning is to program computers to use example data or experience to solve a given problem. Many successful applications based on machine learning exist already, including systems that analyze past sales data to predict customer behavior (financial management), recognize faces or spoken speech, optimize robot behavior so that a task can be completed using minimum resources, and extract knowledge from bioinformatics data.
This program discusses AI methods based in different fields, including neural networks, signal processing, control, and data mining, in order to present a unified treatment of machine learning problems and solutions.
To achieve excellent standards of quality-education by using the latest tools, nurturingcollaborative culture and disseminating customer oriented innovations to relevant areas of academia and industry towards serving the greater cause of society.
The Program Educational Objectives of the Artificial Intelligence and Machine LearningUndergraduate program are designed to produce knowledgeable Machine Learning engineerswho are ready to contribute effectively to the advancement of Intelligent Computing systems.The graduates shall:
· PO1: Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science andengineering fundamentals for the solution of AIML problems.
· PO2: Problem analysis: Ability to identify, formulate and analyze complex engineeringproblems.
· PO3: Design/development of solutions: Ability to design and develop AIML basedsystems to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as public health and safety,environmental, agriculture, economic and societal considerations.
· PO4: Conduct investigations of complex problems: Ability to demonstrate with excellentprogramming, analytical, logical and problem solving skills.
· PO5: Modern tool usage: Ability to use the emerging technologies, skills, and modernsoftware tools to design, develop, test and debug the programs or software.
· PO6: The engineer and society: Ability to include and solve the social, cultural, ethicalissues with AIML solutions.
· PO7: Environment and sustainability: Ability to design and develop web based solutionswith effective graphical user interface for the need of sustainable development.
· PO8: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics andresponsibilities and norms of the AIML practices.
· PO9: Individual and team work: Ability to work individually and as a member or leaderin diverse teams to accomplish a common goal.
· PO10: Communication: Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and writtenforms with the engineering community and society.
· PO11: Project management and finance: Knowledge and understanding of theengineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a memberand leader in a team to manage the software and AIML based projects inmultidisciplinary environments.
· PO12: Life-long learning: Appreciation of technological change and the need forindependent life-long learning.
|Univ. Subject Code||Subject Name||CO Description|
|BT-201||Engineering Physics||The Coursework is designed to provide students the opportunity to learn key concepts of Wave nature of particles and the Schrodinger equation.|
|Student will able to understand the knowledge of Wave optics i.e. interference and diffraction.|
|To introduce the idea of solids like semiconductors (P type and N Type semiconductors), Diodes and Hall effect. STudents will also be able to understand the basic concept of superconductivity.|
|To develop the understanding of Lasers, fiber optics and their applications in field of engineering sciences.|
|To provide you to basic understanding of Electrostatics in vacuum.|
|BT-102||Mathematics-I||To introduce the fallouts of Rolle’s Theorem that is fundamental to application of analysis to Engineering problems.|
|To introduce the idea of applying differential and integral calculus to notions of curvature and to improper integrals. Apart from some applications it gives a basic introduction on Beta and Gamma function|
|To develop the tool of power series and Fourier series for learning advanced Engineering Mathematics.|
|To familiarize the student with functions of several variables that is essential in most branches of engineering|
|To develop the essential tool of matrices and linear algebra in a comprehensive manner.|
|BT-203||Basic Mechanical Engineering||Understand the properties of material, stress strain. Properties of alloys and cast iron.|
|Understand the concept measurement and machine tools their operations and their applications.|
|Understand the concept of fluid flow , properties of fluid, Bernoulli’s equation, Pascal’s law.|
|To Understand the concept of heat and temperature, law of thermodynamics, boilers and their mountings and accessories, basic Refrigeration cycles and its applications.|
|To Understand the working of different cycles and 4 strokes, 2 stroke engines and their applications.|
|BT-204||Basic Civil Engineering & Mechanics||Students will acquire the basic knowledge in different fields of civil engineering and materials used in construction.|
|Gain the ability to use modern survey equipment to measure angles and distances.|
|Students will understand the basic of contour lines and map|
|Students will have the ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems related to Engineering Mechanics: Statics|
|Students will be able to analyse beam for shear force and bending moment.|
|BT-205||Basic Computer Engineering||Able to understand the basic applications of computers in various fields, describe operating system, its role and functionalities and to apply concepts of MS word, MS power point, MS Excelefficiently.|
|Discuss and apply simple algorithms for arithmetic and logical problems.|
|Translate the algorithms to programs applyingobject-oriented concepts in C++ programming language.|
|Understand basics of computer networks, OSI layers and protocols, E commerce applications, impact of securitythreats and attacks on networking systems and also security measures|
|Understand the different method for representing and processing data and to get awareness about the impact of cloud computing, its various type of services.|
|BT-206||Language Lab & Seminars||learners to develop good listening skills.|
|Encourages learner to talk freely and lose their shyness when talking in front of the people|
|To develop the overall personality of the students by the practical activities|
|Helps in confidence building, motivation to be more presentable and help in removing the stage fright|
|Develops speaking, writing, reading, listening and presentation skills.|
|BT-101||Engineering Chemistry||Differentiate hard and soft water; solve the related numerical problems on water purification and its significance in industry and daily life.|
|Select the lubricant for various purposes based on the type of
|Equipped with basic knowledge of polymer , methods of
polymerization and various industrial applications of polymers
|Draw the Phase diagrams of one & two component systems and causes, consequences and methods to minimize corrosion to improve industrial designs.|
|Identify the structure of unknown/new compounds with the help of spectroscopy and understand periodic properties such as ionization potential, oxidation states and electro negativity|
|BT-202||Mathematics-II||To introduce effective mathematical tools for the solutions of ordinary and partial differential equations that model physical processes.|
|To introduce the tools of differentiation and integration of functions of complex variable those are used in various techniques dealing engineering problems.|
|To acquaint the student with mathematical tools available in vector calculus needed various field of science and engineering.|
|BT-103||English for Communication||Effective use of verbal and non-verbal communication for enhanced soft skill beside enhanced reading comprehension as well|
|Write the different kinds of letters, reports and technical writing.|
|Apply basic rules of grammar in both written as well as oral communication.|
|BT-104||Basic Electrical & Electronics Engineering||To introduce the concept of Basics of DC electrical Network including network theorems.|
|To introduce the concept of Basics of AC electrical Network(single phase & 3 phase)..|
|To study of law of Electromagnetism, introduction of transformer.|
|To study of various electrical Machines.|
|To study Basic Concept Digital Electronics.|
|BT-105||Engineering Graphics||Draw various types of scales, and curves.|
|Draw orthographic projections of points & lines|
|Draw orthographic projections of Planes & Solids|
|Draw sections and development of solids including cylinders, cones, prisms and pyramids.|
|Draw isometric views of Planes and Solids, Drawing using AUTOCAD.|
|BT-106||Manufacturing Practices||Use hand and power tools for different manufacturing processes|
|Operate machine tools while preparing any component|
|Select the appropriate tools required for specific operation.|
|Comprehend the safety measures required to be taken while using the tools.|
|Prepare Foundry, Fitting, Carpentry, Welding and smithy Job.|
|BT-107||Internship-I (60 Hrs Duration) at the Institute level||Demonstrate the application of knowledge and skill sets acquired from the course and workplace in the assigned job function/s|
|Solve real life challenges in the workplace by analysing work environment and conditions, and selecting appropriate skill sets acquired from the course|
|Exhibit critical thinking and problem solving skills by analysing underlying issue/s to challenges|
|Demonstrate appreciation and respect for diverse groups of professionals by engaging harmoniously with different company stakeholders|
|Exhibit professional ethics by displaying positive disposition during internship|
|BT-108||Swachh Bharat Summer Internship Unnat Bharat Abhiyan (100Hrs)/ Rural Outreach||This course is to sensitize students about the socio-cultural aspects of the rural areas parochial to their colleges.|
|Students are expected to observe, investigate and learn about the following aspects of the rural region: i. Demographics, Literacy, Geographical parameters of the Village; ii. Schemes of government of India and State of Madhya Pradesh in operation in the villages.|
|To enhance critical thinking by making them participate in social activities and imbibe human values among them.|
|Rural Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is to promote cleanliness and develop healthy habits in people in villages.|
|Unnat Bharat Abhiyan: To build an understanding of the development agenda within institutes of Higher Education and an institutional capacity and training relevant to national needs, especially those of rural India.|
|Acquisition of technical communication’s generic aspects like Reading Technical Material, Technical Writing, Listening, Thinking and using technical phrases in spoken, Knowing the parts of a technical documents like screenshots, graphs, tabular data, data analysis, pictorial depiction.|
|Getting adapted with the technical generic formats/templates of technical writing of memos, technical report writing, technical presentations, technical proposal writing, minutes of meeting and the notes taking techniques.|
|Accessing the reading material and developing the writing technical material with the use of technical concepts and tools like Vacaroo, Miscrosoft Visio, Notepad ++, Kinemaster, Powtoon, Split Page Technique, Diagram Technique.|
|Learning the skill of proofreading and copy editing, paraphrasing and spinning using technical tools and manually using the knowledge of advance technical grammar.|
|Learning the technical phrases and writing styles like descriptive, argumentative etc for developing good technical documents for presentations or disseminating technical documents.|
|AI 302||AI 302 (Probability and Statistics)||Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to: Apply the basic counting techniques (multiplication rule, combinations, permutations) to compute probability and work with discrete random variables and demonstrate understanding what expectation, variance, covariance and correlation mean and be able to compute and interpret them.|
|Understand the properties and applications of some standard bivariate and continuous probability distributions for both discrete and continuous random variables.|
|Explain the concept of order statistics and solving problems related to it also will be using Binomial, Poisson, and Normal distributions to solve statistical problems.|
|Use scatter plots to visualize the relationship between two variables and apply the least square errors method numerically and algebraically to find the curve of best fit also will be having Knowledge about formulating and testing a hypothesis, using critical values to draw conclusions and determining probability of making errors in hypothesis tests.|
|Get an idea of order statistics with its applications. Also about small sample tests based on Chi-square, t and F distributions to understand and analyze various methods of Non-parametric tests|
|AI 303||AI 303
|To understand the concept of linear, non-linear data structures, the operations performed on them and the applications of various data structures.|
|Understand the arrays, searching and sorting algorithms.|
|Implement stacks, queues and its applications.|
|Implement linked list and its variations.|
|Solve problem involving graphs, trees and heaps.|
|AI 304||AI 304
|Demonstrate fundamental understanding of the history of artificial intelligence (AI) and its foundations|
|Apply basic principles of AI in solutions that require problem solving, inference, perception, knowledge representation, and learning|
|Demonstrate an ability to share in discussions of AI, its current scope and limitations, and societal implications of applications like NLP|
|Demonstrate profciency in applying method for forward and backward reasoning.|
|Demonstrate awareness and a fundamental understanding of various applications of AI techniques in intelligent agents, expert systems, artificial neural networks and other machine learning models|
|AI 305||AI 305
|Describe the procedural and object oriented paradigm with concepts of streams, classes, functions, data and objects.|
|Understand dynamic memory management techniques using pointers, constructors, destructors etc.|
|Describe the concept of function overloading, operator overloading, virtual functions and polymorphism.|
|Understand how to apply the major object-oriented concepts to implement object oriented programs in C++, encapsulation, inheritance and polymorphism.|
|Classify inheritance with the understanding of early and late binding, usage of exception handling, generic programming.|
Artificial Intelligence presents a solid foundation in the principles and technologies that underlie many facets of AI, including logic, knowledge representation, probabilistic models, and machine learning. It teaches you to
Computer Science is an emerging field which grows and changes very frequently. Fields like Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Internet of Things, Cloud Computing, Cyber Security etc. are growing exponentially. With this exponential growth in the recent years, there has been a steadily increasing demand for bright graduates to come in and help to transform areas ranging from data infrastructure to cyber security.
Self-learning is motivated in these special interest groups of the department. Various resources related to student interest are provided in the SIG labs. This learning is mentor by faculties and senior students to provide them an opportunity to work in team.
We provide certified skill courses on latest research areas and technologies through our special interest groups (SIG’s)
1. SIG- Artificial Intelligence: The overall purpose of artificial intelligence SIG is to apply different algorithms on raw data so as to allow computers and machines to function in an intelligent manner efficiently. And to evaluate and analyse the patterns of the data. Under this SIG, Students will get chance to implement these algorithm and create artificially intelligence systems.
2. SIG- Augmented and Virtual Reality: The purpose of VR/AR SIG is to understand artificial environment that is created with software for user perception and also to understand how AR works with real world image with extra layers of digital information and to gain better understanding of its wide range of applications.
3. SIG- iOS: Purpose of iOS SIG is to make students develop iOS Applications. With the amount of iPhones in the market, the need for iOS Apps also increases therefore this is the right platform for Students who want to build their career in Mobile app development as individual with their Creative ideas.
4. SIG- Database Management System: The purpose of DBMS SIG is to learn and practice software tools that organizes data that is to create, retrieve, update and manage data, in systematic way. Under this SIG trainings will be provided on software technologies like SQL, MySQL, Oracle Databases, NoSQL, MongoDB etc.
5. SIG- Android: Purpose of Android SIG is to make students understand Android App Development. In this SIG, students will learn the fundamentals of Kotlin, Google’s preferred programming language for Android and build interesting applications. Under this SIG training will be provided which will cover the Android components, tools and technologies like multi-screen Navigation, Android Studio, Intents, Fragments, Widgets, Layout and Ionic to build modern applications.
6. SIG- Internet of Things: The purpose is to train students for industry-level projects on IoT by: Organizing workshops/seminars/training/weekend activities for the students. IoT SIG facilitates with all the required equipments for practicising on different modules. These SIG Modules will help students to solve real-world problems and will encourage them to participate in various competitions across the country.
7. SIG- Hardware and Networking: Primary objective of this SIG is to build networking skill and creating a bridge to employment opportunities. Here the students are trained for international certifications like Microsoft, Cisco and Red Hat certifications. Students will learn hardware and operating systems for computer networks and train to upgrade troubleshoot and administer the system which will help them prepare for high-paying jobs. PC hardware/software installation, Networking technologies & concepts, Network administration, Cabling, Cisco router and switch configurations are the key skills focused in this SIG.
8. SIG- Data Analytics: The major purpose of Data Analytics SIG is to extract useful information from data and taking the decision based upon the data analysis or in simple words to create best out of waste. Here the students are trained to analyse different-different type of dataset and though that understand the pattern of informations that can be derived through that data. Hadoop, R and Python are some technologies which can be used to implement analytics.
9. SIG- Cloud Computing: Cloud Computing curriculum prepare the students to pursue industry recognized certifications (AWS), and in-demand cloud jobs. In CC SIG, we train students by organizing workshops/seminars/internship. This helps learners explore cloud concepts, use cloud services, handling of security issues, and understand the architecture etc.
10. SIG- Web Development: Web development can range from developing a simple single static page of plain text to complex web-based internet applications (web apps), electronic businesses, and social network services. Web Development SIG gives an opportunity to the students to enhance their skill for web development platform.
It is an initiative of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) under the National Mission on Education through ICT. The Department of CSE conducts virtual labs programs organized by different IITs across the country.
Department of CSE & IT is proud to be associated with Developer Student Clubs (DSC) with the selection of DSC lead from IIST. The DSC will conduct in-house training activities for the students to enable them to develop solutions for the local businesses.
IIST is proud to announce that we have been accepted into the AWS Academy program with Amazon Internet Services Private Limited (“AISPL”) and we are now authorized to administer and deliver the AWS Academy Cloud Computing Architecture curriculum.
Department of CSE has signed an MoU with RedHat Academy to conduct in-house training on Core System Administration, Middleware Development, Cloud Computing along with Internships in live projects & certification.
Welcome to the Department of Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning (AIML) at Indore Institute of Science and Technology, Indore
The Department of AIML at IIST is strongly committed to impart innovative and quality technical education with high standards at the undergraduate level. The faculty and non-teaching staff of the department are committed to preparing our students by providing the expertise and proficiency in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and its related fields needed to thrive in our modern society.
The AIML in the 21st century is the skill of the century. It has had a tremendous impact on human civilization. The artificial intelligence and in general the intelligent systems have changed how we work, how we communicate, how we teach and learn, how we entertain, and so forth. AI and ML has become a fundamental tool for augmenting the human knowledge, which is an essential part of creation, discovery, and innovation.
The main goal of the department is to provide experiential learning opportunities such as hands-on training, project-based courses, research projects, and internships which provide a solid foundation to work in interdisciplinary teams that invent the future for which the department covers a wide spectrum of research in the areas of Algorithms, Artificial Intelligence, Image Processing, Pattern Recognition, Machine Learning, Data Mining, Big-Data Analytics, and Computer Security led by qualified and experienced team of faculty members.
In addition to state-of-the-art curriculum, more emphasis is placed on enriching the students learning experience by providing value-added courses, skill-development programs, and participate in technical competitions, hackathons at all levels including state, national and international platforms.
The students, faculty, and staff of AIML at IIST, we believe in working together, we encourage each other, we help each other, and, most importantly, we believe in each other. This is the key to make our students success at AIML at IIST, Indore Hence, to bring the success of the department we focus on productive interdisciplinary collaborations to work across a diverse set of projects, laboratories, departments, and industry partners.
I am confident that the Department of Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning at IIST is strongly prepared to face the new exciting challenges in this new digital era and also to be one of the best institutions in the State of Madhya Pradesh and in India.